Find treatment fast.
Emergency situations with our pets can, unfortunately, arise at the most inopportune times. Here at Blue Sky Bend Emergency Vet, we will see Urgent Care cases by appointment on a day-by-day basis. We are not able to accept walk-in cases. Please do not ever hesitate to call our Bend animal hospital if you think your pet is in need of a Bend emergency vet or urgent care visit.
In case of an after-hours emergency, please contact:
Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center of Central Oregon
1820 NW Monterey Pines Dr, Bend, OR 97703
P: (541) 210-9200
13 animal emergencies that should receive immediate veterinary consultation and/or care
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- You suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, medications, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness, or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea – more than 2 episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
The bottom line is that ANY concern about your pet’s health warrants, at minimum, a call to your veterinarian.